Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To Steal A Bit From Jon Stewart..


Here It Is; Your Moment Of Zen....
By Patricia Lefave, Labelled, D.D.(P)

I remember reading somewhere once that the intellectually challenged people do not go "mad." I think that is because human beings must be aware of a contradiction, or multiplicity of meaning to BE confused by it.
A high number of people in my own "fascinating case," do not see any reason for me to have been confused, nor why I "had to have a breakdown over it."

In fact, several have expressed just these sentiments, with sneering contempt, while striking the "observation" pose, standing only a few feet away from me.
( I used to believe such incidents were part of the "joke" being directed by my protagonist. For HOW could such obvious scenes NOT be a joke? )

One of the people who performed this little act for me said she was "quite sure SHE would never go crazy since she's not as stupid" as I am. Perhaps she has never heard about why some people don't go "mad." I think there are many people involved in this who are going to be able to take great comfort from knowing it is very unlikely they will ever go mad, don't you?

And the switch hits just keep on coming....

No comments: